Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Halt...Who Goes There!


10-27-2009. . . .Halt...Who Goes There!

"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." (Ps 119:11 KJV) Soldiers in the military occasionally have to pull guard duty. If any person approaches the soldier's post, he or she gives the command, "Halt. . . .who goes there?" If the right response is not given, the person is denied access and if necessary, repelled with all due force. God's word hidden (stored up) in our hearts acts as a soldier on guard duty to repel the forces of evil that come to tempt us to sin against God. It calls are conscience to high alert and commands, "Halt. . . .who goes there?" Sin then is repelled with all due force!

Prayer: Lord, thank you for the keeping power of your word. Amen!

Ps 119:11-16. . . . I have thought much about your words and stored them in my heart so that they would hold me back from sin. Blessed Lord, teach me your rules. I have recited your laws and rejoiced in them more than in riches. I will meditate upon them and give them my full respect. I will delight in them and not forget them. TLB

No comments:

Post a Comment