Monday, November 1, 2010

NOT SELFISH, SELF-FOCUSED!


11-1-20-2010. . . . NOT SELFISH, SELF-FOCUSED!


And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.  (1 Chron 4:10 KJV)   We are instructed in the Word to pray always and that our prayers should not be selfish prayers.  Not withstanding that, the reality of the matter is, there are times when the focus of our prayers turns from others to ourselves.  Not in a selfish way, but a self-focused way!  Such is the prayer of Jabez!  Lord, bless (barak) me indeed!  Adore....show favor to....lifT up in praise!   When the world and  vicissitudes of life beat us down, we can turn to God in a self-focused way, and He will lift us up!

Prayer: Lord, thank you for blessing us indeed!  Amen!

Ps 61:1-2. . . .Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.   From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.  KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment