Monday, November 15, 2010

JUST COME CLEAN!


11-15-2010. . . .JUST COME CLEAN!

Then Job replied to God:  "I know that you can do anything and that no one can stop you.  You ask who it is who has so foolishly denied your providence.   It is I. I was talking about things I knew nothing about and did not understand, things far too wonderful for me.  "[You said,] 'Listen and I will speak!   Let me put the questions to you!   See if you can answer them!'  "[But now I say,] 'I had heard about you before, but now I have seen you, and I loathe myself and repent in dust and ashes.' (Job 42:1-6 TLB)   What do you do when you've 'bucked up' to God and He calls you on the proverbial carpet for it?  There is nothing to do or say; simply, as Job did, come clean!  Our finite minds and limited understanding may cause us to question God and His ways.  He remains faithful and unchanged.  He could take another approach, but in love he doesn't.

Prayer: Lord, thank you for your patience with us in times where we mouth off unwisely!  Although, you call us on the carpet, You do it in love!  Thank you.  Amen. 

Heb 12:5-6. . . . And have you quite forgotten the encouraging words God spoke to you, his child? He said, "My son, don't be angry when the Lord punishes you. Don't be discouraged when he has to show you where you are wrong.  For when he punishes you, it proves that he loves you. When he whips you, it proves you are really his child." TLB

No comments:

Post a Comment