Friday, November 19, 2010


11-19-2010. . . .EASY COME EASY GO!

"Then Job stood up and tore his robe in grief and fell down upon the ground before God.  "I came naked from my mother's womb," he said, "and I shall have nothing when I die. The Lord gave me everything I had, and they were his to take away. Blessed be the name of the Lord." In all of this Job did not sin or revile God."  (Job 1:20-2:1 TLB)  A great deal of emphasis in life is placed on the acquisition of things.  While there is nothing wrong with acquiring and having things, we must never get so attached to then that we forget God, the real source from which they came.  It is He that gives us power to get wealth!   As quickly as we may acquire things, we can loose them just as quickly!  Easy come Easy Go!  In either state, honor God and bless His name!

Prayer: All things come from you oh God.  While we are thankful for all things, we never elevate them to the position of idol! Amen!

Deut 8:18-19. . . . But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.  And it shall be, if thou do at all forget the LORD thy God, and walk after other gods, and serve them, and worship them, I testify against you this day that ye shall surely perish.  KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment