Tuesday, November 9, 2010

SWEEP AROUND OUR OWN FRONT DOOR!


11-9-2010. . . .SWEEP AROUND OUR OWN FRONT DOOR!


"You have no right to criticize your brother or look down on him. Remember, each of us will stand personally before the Judgment Seat of God.  For it is written, "As I live," says the Lord, "every knee shall bow to me and every tongue confess to God."   Yes, each of us will give an account of himself to God.  So don't criticize each other anymore. Try instead to live in such a way that you will never make your brother stumble by letting him see you doing something he thinks is wrong. (Rom 14:10-13TLB)  The time it takes to criticize and scrutinize others would be better spent ensuring that our own behavior, actions, and choices are not impacting others negatively.  Seeing that we all must give an accounting to God for our own deeds, it's best we sweep around our own front door!!!!

Prayer: Lord, thank you for eyes to see.  Help us use our sight to see the flaws in ourselves and work to correct them.  Amen!

Ps 50:16-22. . . . But God says to evil men: Recite my laws no longer and stop claiming my promises,  for you have refused my discipline, disregarding my laws.  You see a thief and help him, and spend your time with evil and immoral men.  You curse and lie, and vile language streams from your mouths.  You slander your own brother.  I remained silent-you thought I didn't care-but now your time of punishment has come, and I list all the above charges against you.  This is the last chance for all of you who have forgotten God, before I tear you apart-and no one can help you then. TLB

No comments:

Post a Comment