Friday, October 29, 2010

LOVE AS HE LOVES!


10-29-2010. . . .LOVE AS HE LOVES!


"I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Live within my love.  When you obey me you are living in my love, just as I obey my Father and live in his love.  I have told you this so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your cup of joy will overflow!  I demand that you love each other as much as I love you. (John 15:9-13 TLB)  The Living Bible renders these words of Jesus strong and emphatically, "I DEMAND that you love each other as much as I love you!  Keep in mind now, that Jesus loved us enough to give His life for us!  Who do we love enough to give our life for?   Literally give our life. . . . not necessarily.  Real love however, considers others before considering ourselves!  If we would just begin there, what a great difference we'd see in the world.  Obey His command and Love as He loves! 

Prayer: Lord, thank you for loving us and showing us how to love.  Help us now, carry out what you've so wonderfully modeled for us.  Amen!

John 15:12-14. . . . I demand that you love each other as much as I love you. 13 And here is how to measure it-the greatest love is shown when a person lays down his life for his friends; 14 and you are my friends if you obey me.  TLB

No comments:

Post a Comment