Friday, August 7, 2009

WHAT A NAME!


8-7-2009. . . .What A Name!

Ask the name of anyone you know and even people you don’t know and I assure you that none will answer, ‘I AM that I AM’! "And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you." (Ex 3:13-14 KJV) Wow! What a name! I can’t imagine what Moses thought or felt when He heard God’s response to his question. I only know that when I think about it, I am filled with awe! When I think about it, I am drawn into a posture of worship. . . .that is, the complete surrender of my mind, soul and spirit. It is only in this position that one can truly experience the fullness of, I AM! I’ll say it again. . . .What a Name!

Prayer: Lord, the thought of who you are as contained in your name ‘I AM’ fills me with awe! You are so awesome yet you delight to have fellowship with such a worm as I. I am so grateful to you for that. Amen!

Ps 19:1-6. . . . The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard. Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun, Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race. His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof. KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment