Tuesday, August 11, 2009

GIVE HIM A PRAISE!


8-10-2009. . . .GIVE HIM A PRAISE!

Recently while in a nostalgic moment, I began to reminisce about many circumstances and situations in my past. Many were pleasant memories, but some were not so pleasant. In fact, some were very bad and could have and perhaps, should have cost me my life. If not from the very circumstances themselves, certainly by God for my willful acts of sin and disobedience. Then a question came to my mind. Why am I still here? The answer was simple, His mercy! “It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. (Lam 3:22-23) Needless to say, I immediately lifted both hands and began to worship, praise and thank God for His mercy and compassion towards me. In case you are in need of a reason to give God praise today, have your own nostalgic moment. I’m certain it won’t take very long before you discover, His mercy has kept you too! At that moment, give Him a Praise!


Prayer: Lord, thank you for your mercy, compassion and grace. Had it not been for you, I would not have made this far. I will bless and praise your name forever! You are worthy of all praise!

2 Cor 1:3. . . .What a wonderful God we have-he is the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the source of every mercy, and the one who so wonderfully comforts and strengthens us in our hardships and trials. And why does he do this? So that when others are troubled, needing our sympathy and encouragement, we can pass on to them this same help and comfort God has given us. TLB

No comments:

Post a Comment