Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A CHALLENGE!


8-19-2009. . . .A CHALLENGE!

What is our response to people we don’t like or particularly care for? Do we at all cost avoid having contact and interaction with them except when it is absolutely necessary? On occasions when it is unavoidable and we must interact with them, what is our attitude toward them? Does it facilitate and promote peace or perpetuate continued animosity? Jesus says, “Love your enemies! Do good to them! Lend to them! And don't be concerned about the fact that they won't repay. Then your reward from heaven will be very great, and you will truly be acting as sons of God: for he is kind to the unthankful and to those who are very wicked.” (Luke 6:35 TLB) Challenging? You bet! However, if we put ourselves in the position of being ‘the enemy’ (and truth be told, someone actually views us that way) I’m certain we’d want them to follow Jesus’ command with a quickness. So then, why not do unto others what we would have them do unto us!

Prayer: Lord, thank you for loving me completely. Help me in my areas of challenge to do as you have commanded me to do. Empower me to win more enemies than I make. Amen!

Gal 6:10. . . .As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment