Monday, June 1, 2009

The Helper Is Here!


6-1-2009. . . . The Helper Is Here!

“If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever -- the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. (John 14:15-18NKJV) As believers, there is nothing we will ever face alone! No problem. . . no trouble. . .no pain. . . . no test or trial. The ‘Helper’ the Holy Spirit is here with us and will never leave us. He is here to give us wise council, guidance and comfort when we incur life’s inevitable hurts and pains. He is here! Thank God, He is here. Rely upon Him as your resource and recourse. “But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. (John 14:26NIV)

Prayer: Lord, thank you for sending the Holy Spirit! Holy Spirit, you are welcome in me. I surrender control to you. Restrain me when I’m tempted to go back on my word!

Prov 3:5-6. . . .Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. NKJV

1 comment:

  1. I am reminded of the many mistakes that I have made relying on my own knowledge.

    ReplyDelete