Friday, June 5, 2009

The Fear Factor!



6-5-2009 The Fear Factor!

Fear is a spirit that does not come from God, but out of that realm where spiritual wickedness resides. Like a chilling breeze that blows over you in the evening, fear comes to Hinder. . . .Halt. . . .Hassle. . . .Harass. . . .Hamper and even Harm. Fear also Helps! In what way? I’m glad you asked. Fear helps remind us of who we are and what we have been given. “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2 Tim 1:7 KJV) For God hath not given 'US'! Who is the Us? Believers! The enemy attacks us with fear usually because of the awesome assignment or opportunity God has set before us. Often, because the assignment or opportunity is beyond our own comprehension, the enemy seizes the moment and sends in the fear factor to steal, kill or destroy what is before us. The object is for us to forget that God has equipped us with tools to overcome the fear factor. POWER. . . .LOVE. . . .A SOUND MIND! 1) POWER. . . ability and strength (Dunamis) as well as, authority and privilege (Exousia). You already have all it takes for victory! 2) LOVE. . .this love is a fighter against fear. “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment.“(1 John 4:18KJV) 3) A SOUND MIND. . . Discipline and self-control! In other words, the ability to decide and choose to ‘Fear’ or ‘Fear Not’! “…For God has said, "I will never, never fail you nor forsake you. That is why we can say without any doubt or fear, The Lord is my Helper, and I am not afraid of anything that mere man can do to me." (Heb 13:5-6 TLB)

Prayer: Lord, thank you for helping recognize that the spirit of fear is not from you. Therefore, I do not have to allow it to find residence within me. Thank you for ability, strength, authority, privilege, love, discipline and self-control! Fear cannot and will not reside here! Amen.

Ps 118:5-7. . . . In my distress I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me and rescued me. He is for me! How can I be afraid? What can mere man do to me? The Lord is on my side; he will help me. Let those who hate me beware. TLB

No comments:

Post a Comment