Monday, June 29, 2009

Are You Ready?



6-29-2009. . . .Are You Ready?


The story is told of a rich man who one day sent his servant into town to buy supplies. While there he saw Death in the market place. Seeing Death scared him so bad that he hurried back to his master’s house. His master inquired what was the matter? The servant replied, I saw death while in the market places. . . .give me your fastest steed that I might flee to the next town. Being a concerned and compassionate master, he granted his servant’s request. The master then went to the market place and found Death! He explained to Death, I sent my servant into town to get supplies and while here he saw you. It scared him so bad that he ran away to the next town. Death replied, I didn’t mean to scare your servant, but I do have an appointment with him in the next town! Every one of us has an appointment with death and we do not have the option or privilege of cancellation. Live today so that when death comes (and it will come) it will be welcome. “And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment. . .”( Heb 9:27-28 NKJV) Are you ready?

Prayer: Lord, because of you, I have no fear of death or when it shall come! Thank you for securing me and giving me eternal like.

2 Cor 5:1. . . .For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment