Thursday, January 20, 2011

WHILE WE ARE SLEEPING HE IS KEEPING!


1-20-2011. . . .WHILE WE ARE SLEEPING HE IS KEEPING!

"The LORD will keep you from all harm--he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. (Ps 121:7-8 NIV)  Just the other day I awoke from a restful and peaceful night's sleep.  I prepared for work as normal and once ready, I went to the door to depart.  I reached for the alarm panel and discovered I had forgot to arm it before I went to bed.  I was startled for a moment as thoughts of what could have happened while we were sleeping raced through my head.  Then I realized, but God!  While we we're sleeping, He was yet keeping!   Our earthly precautions and protections may fail,(or we may fail them, as I did) but God never fails!  

Prayer: Lord, thank you for being a God who never slumbers nor sleeps.  You are my keeper.  Amen!

Ps 121:1-6. . . . I lift up my eyes to the hills--where does my help come from?  My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.  He will not let your foot slip--he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD watches over you--the LORD is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.  NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment