Wednesday, January 19, 2011

REST AND RELY!


1-19-2011. . . .REST AND RELY!

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; he protects me from danger-whom shall I fear?  When evil men come to destroy me, they will stumble and fall!  Yes, though a mighty army marches against me, my heart shall know no fear! I am confident that God will save me." (Ps 27:1-3 TLB) When under attack, our human protective instinct is one of 'Fight or Flight'.   Victory however, is not in our instinctive human response, but in our spiritual reliance on God!  If we choose to fight we fight alone; if we choose to flee we abdicate our ordained position.   Conversely, if we rely on God, He is our way through (our light)and He is our way out (our salvation).   Rest and Rely upon God our protector!

Prayer: Lord, thank you for being our light and our salvation.  Help us to rest and rely on thee when instinctively we want to fight or flee.  Amen!

2 Chron 20:12. . . . O our God, wilt thou not judge them? for we have no might against this great company that cometh against us; neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee. KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment