Friday, August 6, 2010

PUNISMENT FOR SURE, BUT NO CHANGE!


8-6-2010. . . .PUNISHMENT FOR SURE, BUT NO CHANGE!

"If his children forsake my laws and don't obey them, then I will punish them, but I will never completely take away my loving-kindness from them, nor let my promise fail.  No, I will not break my covenant; I will not take back one word of what I said." (Ps 89:30-35 TLB)  "Solid as a Rock" is a term used to give assurance that something is secure and unchangeable.  Over time however, even rocks tend to chip and crumble a bit.  When it comes to God's covenant, there is not chipping or crumbling!  Even in the face of gross indiscretions, it remains unchanged.  There will be punishment for sure, but no change in promise!

Prayer: Lord, your are a just God who will not change.  What you promise you will bring to pass.  You punish, yet you do not change!  Bless your holy name forever!  Amen.

Ps 89:28. . . . I will maintain my love to him forever, and my covenant with him will never fail.  NIV



No comments:

Post a Comment