Monday, August 9, 2010

A LOOK CAN TURN TO LUST!


8-9-2010. . . .A LOOK CAN TURN TO LUST!

"I made a covenant with my eyes not to look with lust upon a girl. I know full well that Almighty God above sends calamity on those who do.   He sees everything I do and every step I take." (Job 31:1-4 TLB)  Male or female, we would do well to understand that our eyes are the gateway to our mind and hearts.  It's not so much about what we see (our eyes are for that purpose) it's about what we 'look" at!   To see is simply vision, but to Look is to focus one's attention on!  It is at the point of attention that a look can turn to lust!  Make a covenant with your eyes!  Don't allow looks to turn to lust!

Prayer: Lord, you are able to keep us from falling!  Strengthen us now to keep from sinning with our eyes! Amen. 

Job 31:1-4. . . ."I made a covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully at a girl.  For what is man's lot from God above, his heritage from the Almighty on high?  Is it not ruin for the wicked, disaster for those who do wrong?  Does he not see my ways and count my every step? (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment