Friday, April 24, 2009

T. G. I. F.!


4-24-2009. . . .T.G.I.F.!

Everyone has become familiar with the acrostic T. G. I. F. (Thank God Its Friday) Weekly this acrostic is the mantra of the working class, expressing relief that another long week of labor is complete and at least for the next two days, ‘freedom’ from work is experienced. The joy of that freedom however, is short lived because Monday morning comes far to soon! Isn’t it good to know that the ‘Freedom’ Christ gives us is not short lived and is experienced continually! “If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.”( John 8:36) We are free from sin, guilt, condemnation. . . .free to worship, pray, praise and abound in His grace. So let’s keep the same acrostic, but give it a new meaning. T. G. I. F. THANK GOD I’M FREE!

Prayer: Lord, thank you for making me free indeed. In you a now live, move and have my being! Thank you that I’ll never be bound again. Amen!

Gal 5:1-2. . . . “Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.” NKJV

2 comments:

  1. Truly a Blessed word my brother. Until we become free in Christ, we have no idea how bound we really are. E.L.B.

    ReplyDelete