Wednesday, September 11, 2013

OUR CHARGE!

9-11-2013. . . .OUR CHARGE!

"If you make the Most High your dwelling--even the LORD, who is my refuge--then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.  For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.  "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.  He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.  With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."  (Ps 91:9-16 NIV)   Although, there is much evil in the world with evil men and women purpetrating evil deeds, we live without fear knowing that the Lord, the Most High is our refuge and protection.  He can, He shall and He will deliver us from all evil! Our charge is to overcome evil with good!

PRAYER: Lord, thank you for being our God and our refuge.  Thank you for delivering us from all evil. Empower us daily to overcome evil with good.  Amen.

Rom 12:19-13:1. . . . Dear friends, never avenge yourselves. Leave that to God, for he has said that he will repay those who deserve it. [Don't take the law into your own hands. ] 20 Instead, feed your enemy if he is hungry. If he is thirsty give him something to drink and you will be "heaping coals of fire on his head." In other words, he will feel ashamed of himself for what he has done to you. 21 Don't let evil get the upper hand, but conquer evil by doing good. TLB


No comments:

Post a Comment