Wednesday, May 22, 2013

THE TIPPING POINT!


5-22-2013. . . . THE TIPPING POINT!

Popeye the Sailor Man was a favorite cartoon watched by thousands of kids daily. Popeye lived a relatively normal life dealing with issues concerning his friends, his personal relationship with his girl, and of course with his enemies. In each episode, it seemed Popeye would get to a point where he could go no further or take anymore and he would say, "That's all I can stands and me can't stands no more!"   At that point, Popeye would turn to his source of strength, a can a spinach!   The spinach refreshed and strengthened him to deal with and dispose of the pressing dilemma. What do you do when you have reached your tipping point?   Who do you call. . . . Where do you turn for your source of strength and refreshment?   David offers a great option; "From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I." (Ps 61:22 NKJV) David recognized that his own strength, his own emotions, his own will was not enough to properly deal with and handle effectively what he was facing. He needed and looked to something higher. . . yea, even someone higher then himself! He looked to God as his rock (stability). It is a good model and wisdom dictates we take heed when we reach our next tipping point.

Prayer: Lord, thank you for being my rock of stability! Even when I feel overwhelmed, help me always look to you as my source and strength and never lean to my own understanding. Amen!

Ps 62:5-8. . . . My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment