Wednesday, December 12, 2012

GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS!

12-12-2012. . . .GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS!

"Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.  My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips." (Ps 89:33-34 KJV)  A clear picture of God's great faithfulness can be seen in the life of King David.  Although, he had some great victories and accomplishments, he also had some great transgressions and failures.  While David certainly incurred punishment for his transgressions, God remained committed (faithful) to His promise to David.  We too, like King David have had some transgressions and failures for which we receive chastisement.  Nevertheless, God remains committed (faithful) to His promises to us!  Therefore, our song of praise remains, GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS!

Prayer: Lord, thank you for your faithfulness to us.  Truly they are new every morning and wonderful to experience.  Great is thy faithfulness!  Amen.


Ps 89:30-35. . . . If his children forsake my laws and don't obey them, then I will punish them,  but I will never completely take away my loving-kindness from them, nor let my promise fail.  No, I will not break my covenant; I will not take back one word of what I said.  For I have sworn to David (and a holy God can never lie) that his dynasty will go on forever, and his throne will continue to the end of time.  TLB

No comments:

Post a Comment