Tuesday, April 3, 2018

BE STILL!

4-3-2018. . . .Be Still!

‘Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." (Ps 46:10 NIV) 

In the hustle and bustle of our lives, we must remember to reserve some time to "Be Still".   In moments of stillness, we are able to discern and receive God’s instruction and direction.  Motion and movement are not indicative of presence.  The Prophet Elijah witnessed the Wind, the Earthquake and the Fire (motion & movement) but the Lord’s presence was not in them.   After these, however, he heard a "still small voice." (ref. I Kings 19:11-12)  Don’t let your preoccupations and occupations keep you from acknowledging that God is in control and he has everything under control. So go ahead . . . .do what you do, but in all your doing remember, "Be Still."

Prayer: Lord, You are the Lord and Mighty God!  All things are in Your control and under your control. Help us never become so preoccupied or occupied that we don’t have time to be still and know that you are God. Amen!

Isa 45:5-7. . . . I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me. I am the LORD, and there is no other. I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things. NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment