Tuesday, October 18, 2016

STILL STANDING!

10-18-2016. . . . STILL STANDING!

"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord." (1 Cor 15:58 KJV)  A group of friends went bowling one evening.  They each tried hard to make a strike but as it turned out, there would always be one pin left standing.  Although the pin was shaken and rocked from side to side from the force of the impact, it settled and remained standing. The enemy and even life in general, may at times attempt to bowl us over and strike us out.  Don't fall over.  Be the last pin standing.  We've got plenty to stand for!

PRAYER: Lord, when the storms of life are raging, continue to stand by us and strengthen us to continue standing with and by you.  Amen!

Ps 18:1-3. . . .I will love thee, O Lord, my strength.  The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.  I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.  KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment